Welcome

Hello! Welcome to my A2 Media Studies Music Video. This is a blog to show my planning and production of my music video I have created. Enjoy!

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Making the CD



In order to make my own CD & Album cover I had to use a software in which I could edit photographs I had taken myself and make them into the CD & Album cover. I looked around for softwares, and tried out a few of them such as; sea shore, and even iphoto. In the end I decided to use the more complicated program of Photoshop. I found it quite hard at first but once I got going I quite liked it.


Blank CD templates. -->
<--        



I stared off by uploading a black image of a CD template I found on google images. Then edited it onto of the background image of the CD.


Once I placed the image on top of the blank CD background image, I resized it and made it fit over the top of the CD. I rubbed started to rub out the extra image that didn't need to be there using the rubber tool. But then as I got nearer to the image it became hard to see where the outline to the CD was and where the actual image was. To help myself I changed the image Opacity from 100% to 13%. This made the image nearly see through so it made it easier for me to rub out.




After I rubbed it all out I changed the Opacity again to 44% which I believe gave the image a vintage looking look which I personally liked. But to add to the vintage look I then added a pre effect from photoshop called. ............ at the amount of 9.51%. After this I again used the rubber tool and rubbed out the middle circle of the CD to make the CD whole.


After that I decided to put the title of the band 'The Boots Book Lovers' on the CD. I used the colour of black because I believe it is a stand out colour which is eye catching and engaging to the audience, and also because it matches the                         background of the CD image.
Then my CD was complete.





No comments:

Post a Comment