Welcome

Hello! Welcome to my A2 Media Studies Music Video. This is a blog to show my planning and production of my music video I have created. Enjoy!

Monday 3 October 2011

Genre & Target Audience

Indie music also know as independent music that is released on smaller labels that operate independently from the mainstream music business.
But more often "indie" refers to a specific genre of contemporary music that is based on combining aesthetics of classic rock, punk, garage and art rock. I first heard the term indie rock starting to get used in the late 80s to early 90s to describe the music that was popular on college radio stations at the time. Therefore my band are of the Indie Genre.

The Target audience for my band are the young teenagers to the late 20's these people will be able to relate to the lyrics 'Penny Loafers,' 'See Saw Blues' the coloquical pharses. I am also trying to appeal to the target audience of the people who like to listen to unique music, maybe people who are also trying to become a signed band.

No comments:

Post a Comment